Agriculture is the backbone of the Kenyan economy and studies have shown that there is under-production of food commodities in Kenya and in many African countries, thus leaving a big food deficit in the economies. We are committed to help in breaking the cycle of drought and famine in Africa. We do this not by food donations or hand-outs, but by providing access to modern farming techniques, training and capacity building, farm inputs and linkages to the market to farmers.
A six step Modular approach to training is undertaken that transforms traditional farming into agribusiness. The six training modules are:
- Group Dynamics
- Nursery and propagation techniques
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Harvesting and post harvesting techniques
- Value addition
Mwangaza Trust Stands as a partner with organizations that offer solutions to farming challenges as we advocate for market Led production. Mwangaza Trust walks alongside the farmer at every stage of production to ensure complete Transformation.
Our transformative process involves:
- Identification of gaps in the farming techniques
- Identification of partners to bridge the gaps • Identification of niches in the markets
- Undertaking of farmers training
- Linking farmers to credit providers
- Introduction and supply of superior and modern farming techniques
- Linking farmers to markets.
- Addressing the water challenges among farming communities
How to partner with us
Contributions can be in kind or financial donations towards the program to support various groups within the communities. In addition Partners can consider enrolling as Technical resource personnel through the contacts provided.